Colchester United transfer news: Brandon Comley signs on loan for U’s from QPR
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United have kicked off a busy transfer deadline day by recruiting midfielder Brandon Comley on loan from Championship outfit QPR.
Comley is a 21-year-old Londoner who has had loan spells at Carlisle and Grimsby Town, away from Loftus Road.
He actually played 33 league games in League Two for Grimsby last season.
“It’s tough trying to get into the QPR first team,” admitted Comley this afternoon.
“I like to mix it up a bit, as a midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
“I like the pressing side of the game, and I like to win the ball back.
“It’s great to come to Colchester and push for first-team football, because under-23 football is not the same. It’s a bit tappy, tappy, and you can lose that winning mentality,” added Comley.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
Comley is expected to go straight into the U’s squad for this Saturday’s away test at Cambridge United.
There should be more U’s signings later in the day.