Colchester United transfer rumours: U’s set to sign Connor Hunte and Ryan Gondoh
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United are believed to be in line to bolster their squad with the additions of two new players.
The Essex club have been linked with ex-Chelsea winger, Connor Hunte, and also fellow winger Ryan Gondoh, from non-league.
Hunte is looking to kick-start his career at the League Two U’s, after failing to make the grade at both Chelsea and Wolves.
A former Academy player at Chelsea, and ex-England under-17 international, Hunte was later released by the London club and signed for Championship outfit Wolves in the summer of 2014.
The 20-year-old made a couple of league appearances for Wolves, and also played six times on loan at Stevenage last season, before the Molineux club let him go.
Now the U’s are reported to be keen on giving him another chance. Hunte is currently a free agent, and could sign for John McGreal’s men after a few days training at Florence Park.
Meanwhile, the U’s are also believed to be interested in another 20-year-old, in the shape of non-league stalwart Gondoh.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
Gondoh, previously on the books of Barnet, has been tracked by several League clubs. He played for Carshalton last season, and has also played in non-league for the likes of Met Police and Kingstonian.
He should feature for the U’s in the club’s pre-season campaign, which begins with a trip to Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday.