Colchester United v Crawley Town: U’s team news as Kyel Reid sweats on a fitness test
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
A late decision will be made on left-sided specialist Kyel Reid, ahead of today’s visit of Crawley.
The Coventry City loanee has been dogged by a sore hip flexor in recent weeks.
“Kyel is still carrying his injury. It’s a daily assessment with him, as with the previous two games where he didn’t train before he played. The thing about Kyel is that he wants to play,” explained U’s boss John McGreal.
Reid played for 53 minutes, as a left winger, during last Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Cambridge.
In addition to long-term injury victims Brennan Dickenson, Kurtis Guthrie, Luke Prosser and Craig Slater, the U’s will continue to be without Doug Loft, recent recruit Ryan Inniss, plus youngsters Courtney Senior and Tariq Issa.
You may also want to watch:
Of front-runner Issa’s recent injury, McGreal said: “Tariq went down this week playing for the under-23s at Barnet. He’s out for a few weeks now. It was a wet pitch and he’s done his abductor.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles