Colchester United winger Drey Wright ruled out for the season
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Drey Wright has suffered another big injury blow, this latest one ruling him out for the rest of this campaign.
The talented teenager suffered cruciate ligament damage, in a recent outing for Colchester United’s under-21 development squad.
It was originally hoped that Wright would only be out for a couple of weeks, while the knee settled down, but a scan has revealed more serious damage.
U’s boss Tony Humes said: “It’s very disappointing to announce that Drey (Wright) will be out for the season.
“He has worked so hard to get himself back into contention, and was a big part of our plans for this season, so it’s very disappointing for him.
You may also want to watch:
“Drey will have to get his head around it, but he’s still only 19 and has a big future ahead of him.”
Wright suffered a long-term injury to his other knee last season, which kept him out of action for nearly seven months from September through to April.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 3 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
He returned before the end of the campaign, started the U’s first game of this season, a 2-2 draw against Oldham, and had since made five more appearances as a substitute.