Cole Skuse, Jonathan Douglas and Kevin Bru available for Ipswich Town’s trip to Bolton while Daryl Murphy has an outside chance
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy is hopeful of having Cole Skuse available at Bolton, but Daryl Murphy is more of a doubt and is an outsider to make the bench.
Skuse has missed the last four games after injuring toe ligaments at Queen’s Park Rangers, while Murphy was ruled out of the win over Nottingham Forest with calf trouble.
The Irish striker could possibly make the bench, but Skuse and Jonathan Douglas (stitches in his foot) should be back for the trip to the league’s bottom side.
“Yes, I’m hoping as he’s (Skuse) come through his training sessions and he’s fine,” McCarthy said.
“We’ll see how he (Murph) is today, there’s a lingering hope we might get him on the bench.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Bru came off at half time in the game against Forest due to illness, but McCarthy says the midfielder has made a remarkable recovery.
“Lazarus is fine!” McCarthy said.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
“I rang him yesterday expecting a sick sounding Kevin Bru but he was fine and he was on his way in.
“It must have just been something he needed to get out of his system.”