Cole Skuse, Jonathan Douglas and Kevin Bru available for Ipswich Town’s trip to Bolton while Daryl Murphy has an outside chance
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy is hopeful of having Cole Skuse available at Bolton, but Daryl Murphy is more of a doubt and is an outsider to make the bench.
Skuse has missed the last four games after injuring toe ligaments at Queen’s Park Rangers, while Murphy was ruled out of the win over Nottingham Forest with calf trouble.
The Irish striker could possibly make the bench, but Skuse and Jonathan Douglas (stitches in his foot) should be back for the trip to the league’s bottom side.
“Yes, I’m hoping as he’s (Skuse) come through his training sessions and he’s fine,” McCarthy said.
“We’ll see how he (Murph) is today, there’s a lingering hope we might get him on the bench.”
Kevin Bru came off at half time in the game against Forest due to illness, but McCarthy says the midfielder has made a remarkable recovery.
“Lazarus is fine!” McCarthy said.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 7 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Interactive map reveals the Covid rate in every Suffolk neighbourhood
“I rang him yesterday expecting a sick sounding Kevin Bru but he was fine and he was on his way in.
“It must have just been something he needed to get out of his system.”