Skuse sidelined for ‘a couple of months’ with Lambert looking for cover in January
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert has confirmed midfielder Cole Skuse will be out for ‘a couple of months’ after suffering a knee injury in training.
The experienced midfielder, rejuvenated under Lambert’s management suffered the injury at Playford Road this week and missed this afternoon’s loss at Stoke City after suffering cartilage damage.
In what is a huge blow to Lambert and Ipswich, the Blues boss confirmed the midfielder will spend significant time on the sidelines.
“He’s going to be out for a couple of months I think,” said Lambert.
“I put Trevoh (Chalobah) in there and I thought he was excellent, but that’s one area of the pitch where I think we need a little bit of help.”
You may also want to watch:
Speaking prior to this afternoon’s game, Lambert said: “It’s a blow because he’s playing ever so well for us. He’s been brilliant. As I said before, his range of passing has been at the really, really high standard that I look for.
“Hopefully it’s not too long. I’ll find out later today probably.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market