‘I’m healing quicker than they thought’ - injured Skuse hopes for early return
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Midfielder Cole Skuse believes he is ahead of schedule after undergoing a minor operation on the knee injury which is expected to keep him out for eight weeks.
Skuse, 32, damaged cartilage in his knee during a training session last week and is set to be sidelined until the new year in what was a cruel blow to the Blues, given the midfielder’s form under Paul Lambert.
However, after undergoing minor surgery, he’s hoping to return sooner than first feared.
“The knee is okay. It’s not ideal but I’m hoping to be back quicker than anticipated,” Skuse told the club website.
“The operation was very straight forward as well - just a little tidy up. My wife was expecting to lift me through the door but I was very much on my feet the same day and feeling good.
You may also want to watch:
“And I think the recovery is still going well. The swelling has already come down and I’m healing quicker than they thought I would.
“Like I said I’ve been up on my feet and I didn’t want the surgery to become an excuse for me missing a Christmas hospital visit. The least I can do is give up a bit of my time to see the children and hand out some presents.”
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
Skuse’s absence has intensified manager Paul Lambert’s search for a midfielder with Championship experience.