Company Profile: Birketts LLP
The Office Olympics Company Profile for Birketts
Birketts is a long established and highly successful practice with offices in Ipswich, Norwich, Cambridge and Chelmsford having 52 partners and a total staff of 350. We are large enough, therefore, to provide specialist skills in most areas of law, but small enough to maintain a personal service.
In 2001 we appointed Alistair Lang, a non-lawyer and former regional director of a high street bank, as our Chief Executive Officer. The firm has grown apace under his leadership and in May 2004 we opened new offices in the city of Norwich. In March 2008 we launched a new office in Cambridge and in September 2010 we merged with Essex law firm Wollaston’s LLP establishing us firmly as a pan regional provider of a full range of legal services to businesses, institutions and financially independent private clients.
The firm’s core business is divided into four main disciplines - corporate and commercial, commercial property, commercial and personal litigation and private client. Within those principal areas of practice, we have established industry sector groups, assembling lawyers with a knowledge and understanding of the issues relevant to that particular industry.
Our most important asset is the professional skill and integrity of our lawyers. We are committed to employing and retaining personnel with the experience and technical expertise necessary to ensure we are equipped to meet our clients’ objectives.
You may also want to watch:
Our reputation is of durability and reliability, combined with innovative applications of modern technology. We are flexible about everything except the professional and ethical standards which we maintain rigorously and with the confidence of our good name. This is reflected in the Law Society’s practice management accreditation, “Lexcel” which we were awarded in 2001. Above all, we give value for money to our clients.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers