Confusion reigns over Suffolk Premier Cup semi-final venues
- Credit: Archant
CONFUSION still reigns over the venues of the two John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup semi-finals – just a week before they are to be played.
Both Ipswich Town and Lowestoft Town, who are due to meet in one semi-final, announced on their websites that their tie was to be held at Lowestoft’s Crown Meadow ground next Wednesday, March 7.
The news was released following discussions with organisers Suffolk FA, but both Bury Town and Leiston, who are scheduled to meet in the other semi-final, complained as under the rules of the competition ties are due to be staged at neutral venues.
The draw for the county’s ten senior cup competition semi-finals took place on February 7 – nearly three weeks ago – when Suffolk FA said neutral venues would be confirmed in due course.
Suffolk FA chief executive Laura Smith said yesterday it was “looking likely” that the match involving Ipswich Town and Lowestoft Town would now be switched to a neutral venue.
You may also want to watch:
Smith, who took up her post in early December, added: “We will be looking at our internal processes ahead of next season’s competition to make sure this doesn’t happen again.”
For the full story see today’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen