Connor Wood set for extended trial at Colchester United
Promising teenage left-back, Connor Wood, is set to have an extended trial at Colchester United.
Wood, 17, has been impressing for Soham Town Rangers in the Ryman League North Division this season, and is expected to continue turning out for them until the end of the season.
However, Wood is also poised to spend six weeks on trial with the U’s Academy, training and playing a few matches for the Essex club’s under-18 squad.
The U’s are currently a little short of cover in the left-back role, following Luke Garbutt’s return to Everton after his loan spell.
Ryan Dickson is set to take over as the regular left-back for the rest of the season, with Michael O’Donoghue as his deputy.
You may also want to watch:
But looking forward ahead, beyond this season, left-back is an area that might well need strengthening.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon