Corrin Eaton enhances reputation after classic fight with Dean Trueman at Cage Warriors 92
- Credit: Jerry Daws/ Contenders Ltd
Ipswich’s Corrin Eaton enhanced his reputation as one of the finest featherweights in Europe in a fight of the year candidate with Dean Trueman at Cage Warriors 92 on Saturday night.
The two men clashed in the first fight on the main card of the bumper event, held at the O2 in London. Trueman took the win via unanimous decision, but both men emerged with massive credit from what was a classic back-and-forth, blood and guts war.
Eaton was aggressive from the opening bell, securing a takedown but then having to fight off numerous submission attempts from Derby’s Trueman, who also inflicted several cuts on the Suffolk fighter with vicious elbows.
The Midlander then locked on an incredibly tight triangle and arm bar, which Eaton somehow battled his way out of and ended a jaw-dropping first round by spearing Trueman with several powerful knees to the body on the ground.
Rounds two and three were similarly thrilling, with a myriad of takedowns, sweeps and wild exchanges on the feet, as the packed crowd watched on in awe.
You may also want to watch:
Trueman improves his record to 8-4 with the win and will probably fight for the vacant featherweight belt next, while Eaton drops to 9-3 (1NC) but will be in high demand with Cage Warriors fans who want to see him throw down again.
Indeed, after such a close and absorbing fight, it would be no surprise to see the two men renew hostilities in future.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight