County are in the final
FA County Youth CupSurrey Under-18s 1 Suffolk 2SUFFOLK reached the final of the County Youth Cup for the second time in three years, but had to withstand some heavy Surrey pressure at the death.
FA County Youth Cup
Surrey Under-18s 1
SUFFOLK reached the final of the County Youth Cup for the second time in three years, but had to withstand some heavy Surrey pressure at the death.
You may also want to watch:
Coming back from a goal down, Andy Gould's side gave a fine and rugged account of themselves to give them every chance of emulating Danny Laws' side, who won the competition in 2005.
Ottaway put the home side ahead, in a game played at Woking FC, drilling in a low cross half-way through the first half.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
However Chaplin got Suffolk back into it seven minutes before the break, heading in from close range.
And just after the re-start Suffolk stunned their hosts, with Walker starting and finishing a fine move, as Suffolk took the lead.
And they held on, despite late Surrey pressure to cap a memorable and well-deserved victory.
Laws, who used to manage the West Suffolk College Sports Academy, and helped build its hugely successful sporting reputation, has at the core of his county squad a number of West Suffolk players.