County title for Framlingham hockey girls– third in a row
- Credit: Archant
Framlingham 1st XI girls were crowned county champions after a superb display in a physically demanding night of hockey. The first match saw a comfortable 3-0 win against Woodbridge School, goals from Hattie Sunderland (2) and Abby Gooderham.
The next match saw a repeat of the weekend fixture against Ipswich School, who were strengthened by the return of club duty players.
The match started at a frightening pace with Framlingham going 2-1 down in a matter of minutes.
The Framlingham girls’ dug deep and worked hard to earn a penalty corner right on half-time that was flicked hard by Hannah Pearce and ended up in the net, her second goal of the night.
The second half continued at high intensity but Framlingham pressed hard and created some good chances that were finally finished off with a cool rebound from 15-year-old Abby Gooderham.
You may also want to watch:
Framlingham defended a barrage of penalty corners at the end of the match to earn a hard-fought win.
The final match against Culford School saw another mature comeback, playing some excellent hockey, it was left to Hattie Sunderland to give Framlingham the lead and the title of county champions for the third year in a row.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement