Matchday Recap: The tale of the game as Town and Coventry share spoils again
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town drew 1-1 with Coventry City this afternoon.
The two sides met a week ago in the FA Cup, with that game setting up a replay on Tuesday, but now the two promotion rivals meet in the league.
"No, none whatsoever," Paul Lambert said, when asked if last week's game impacts this.
"It's a different game. It's totally different, so we'll decide what we do.
"It's not great when you play somebody three times in 10 days. It's not great, but we try and know as much as we can before we play them.
"They're a good side and a good football side. It's a strange environment because it's not their ground and we have to go back up there again, and then we've got them on Tuesday again.
"Hopefully it'll be another good game and hopefully we get one step further."
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
Follow the game live with us with kick-off at 3pm