Cricketing greats to speak in Ipswich
TWO of the biggest names in English cricket are to speak in Suffolk during the coming season.Former Essex and England skipper Graham Gooch and ex-Derbyshire, Essex and England all-rounder Geoff Miller, who is now national selector, will both be speaking in Ipswich.
TWO of the biggest names in English cricket are to speak in Suffolk during the coming season.
Former Essex and England skipper Graham Gooch and ex-Derbyshire, Essex and England all-rounder Geoff Miller, who is now national selector, will both be speaking in Ipswich.
Gooch will be the guest speaker at a pre-season dinner to celebrate Suffolk winning the Minor Counties Knock-out Trophy for the first time last season.
You may also want to watch:
The dinner, which is being sponsored by Brooks & Wood Ltd, will be held in the Great School Hall at Ipswich School on Saturday, April 19, 7.30pm for 8pm.
Gooch will be joined by comedian John Martin at the dinner, which is taking place the night before Suffolk's friendly against Essex 2nd XI at Ipswich School.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
There has been a good response so far for tickets, which cost £30 each or £300 for a table of ten.
Numbers are limited to 200 and tickets can be purchased from Suffolk's director of cricket Kevin Brooks at 28 Ditchingham Grove, Rushmere St Andrew, Ipswich IP5 1WE or by calling him on 07796 263234. Cheques should be made payable to Suffolk County Cricket Club.
Miller has agreed to speak at a luncheon on the second day of Suffolk's Minor Counties Championship match against Buckinghamshire at Ipswich School on Monday, July 7 - just three days before England meet South Africa in the First Test at Lord's.
The luncheon, and the three-day match, are being sponsored by Lightfoot, O'Brien and Westcott Solicitors of Woodbridge.
Tickets will not be available until after the dinner in April but will cost £27.50 each or £275 for a table of ten and again will be limited to 200.
Kevin Brooks said: “The county have had a long association with Essex and we are delighted that somebody with the status in the game that Graham Gooch has got is able to join us in celebrating our historic achievement last year.
“We are also extremely grateful that Geoff Miller will be able to attend as our guest at the luncheon during the course of the Buckinghamshire game.”