Culford girl wins tennis plaudits
Daniella Silva, a tennis scholar at Culford School, has won her first under-14 European doubles title. Daniella teamed up with Grace Dixon, Number One in Great Britain at 14 and under, to win the Tennis Europe Grade Three event held at Wrexham in December.
Daniella Silva, a tennis scholar at Culford School, has won her first under-14 European doubles title. Daniella teamed up with Grace Dixon, Number One in Great Britain at 14 and under, to win the Tennis Europe Grade Three event held at Wrexham in December. The girls were seeded two, and proved too strong for their opponents throughout the event, eventually winning the final 6-3, 6-1 in convincing style.
Thirteen-year-old Daniella joined Culford School as a boarder in September. Her tennis scholarship encompasses a full time education alongside a comprehensive tailor-made tennis programme which includes five individual sessions per week, five squad sessions per week, two hitting sessions and two hours of fitness training. In addition, Daniela undergpes fitness testing at Essex University, regular sports massage sessions and in depth video analysis each term
Marc Powell, Culford's High Performance Coach, said: “Daniella is a true professional both on and off the court and this, combined with her strong work ethic, makes her a fantastic role model for the younger players at Culford.
He added: “Her recent impressive results, in particular the European Doubles victory, is nothing less than she deserves for her commitment and desire. The upcoming world class events this month will be an excellent opportunity to progress still further.”
You may also want to watch:
Daniella's new Under 14 European ranking has risen from 233, to 82.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop