Danny Cowley steps down as Braintree Town boss
- Credit: cont
Danny Cowley has this evening resigned as Braintree Town manager.
Cowley guided the Iron to the National League play-offs this season, which was his first at Cressing Road after taking over from Alan Devonshire.
Iron lost out to Grimsby Town in the play-off semi-finals, 2-1 on aggregate after winning the first leg 1-0 at Blundell Park.
Ever since then, speculation had been growing that Cowley would be on his way out of Braintree, with Lincoln City topping the list of likely destinations.
And it now seems as though Cowley, together with his brother Nicky, who also stepped down from his post as Braintree Town assistant manager tonight, will be announnced as the new Lincoln City management team tomorrow.
Iron now begin the search for a new manager.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket