Danny Cowley steps down as Braintree Town boss
- Credit: cont
Danny Cowley has this evening resigned as Braintree Town manager.
Cowley guided the Iron to the National League play-offs this season, which was his first at Cressing Road after taking over from Alan Devonshire.
Iron lost out to Grimsby Town in the play-off semi-finals, 2-1 on aggregate after winning the first leg 1-0 at Blundell Park.
Ever since then, speculation had been growing that Cowley would be on his way out of Braintree, with Lincoln City topping the list of likely destinations.
And it now seems as though Cowley, together with his brother Nicky, who also stepped down from his post as Braintree Town assistant manager tonight, will be announnced as the new Lincoln City management team tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Iron now begin the search for a new manager.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 8 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first