Rowe still has an Ipswich future but is free to leave on loan
- Credit: Archant
Danny Rowe still has a future at Ipswich Town, but is free to leave the club on loan in a bid to force his way into Mick McCarthy’s team.
The former Macclesfield player has shown encouraging signs since arriving from Macclesfield for £100,000 in January, without ever being able to secure a regular spot in Mick McCarthy’s side.
He has made just three appearances this season, including a start at Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup, with McCarthy insisting the wide player should be inspired by Kieffer Moore, who currently leads the League One scoring charts during a productive loan spell at Rotherham.
“Danny needs to go and play games, a bit like Kieffer (Moore), so he’s someone who can maybe go out on loan in the new year,” he said.
“I can say that with confidence bearing in mind Kieffer probably sat here at the start of the season and I’ve said ‘yes, he’s still got a role to play at this club but he needs to go out and play games’.
You may also want to watch:
“If he has the impact like Kieffer’s had at another club then maybe he can come back with far more confidence and can contribute.
“It’s open to them to set the tone for themselves and have us think ‘well we need him back’. That’s what it’s about.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12