David Fox rejoins Colchester United lair
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have snapped up former midfielder David Fox on a three-month deal.
Fox initially had a spell with the U’s during Paul Lambert’s era, making his debut in the remarkable 7-1 win at Norwich City in August, 2009.
The 30-year-old eventually moved on to Norwich City, but was released by the Canaries this summer.
He was training with League One rivals Preston before switching to the U’s on a trial basis. He has impressed enough to be offered a short-term deal until the middle of January.
“David adds experience to a young squad,” explained manager Tony Humes.
You may also want to watch:
“He fits our profile of how we want to play the game, and he will be a good addition to the squad for the coming months.”
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop