Debenham’s Matt Fayers poised for season in Formula Renault Series
A former Debenham High School pupil is hoping to hit the ground running this season, as he pursues a long-term future in motorsport.
Matt Fayers, 18, took part in testing for the BMW M3 and Aston Martin GT4 series last season and has been considering his options ahead of the new campaign.
Fayers, who is studying motorsport engineering at the College of West Anglia, looked set for a season in the Aston Martin GT 4 Challenge, but it now looks likely that he will compete for the main honours in the Formula Renault Series.
Fayers began his career in karting but his ultimate ambition is to be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
“It all depends on the budget for this year,” said the teenager
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to go in the Aston Martin GT4 Series but I have now been given an offer to move into Formula Renault which is very tempting, as it opens so many doors.
“Competing in the Aston Martin Series would take me down a completely different road and lead more towards GT racing and World Endurance races such as Le Mans.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
“I would prefer to go down the route towards Formula One.
“I am looking to build up a bigger portfolio and will hopefully be doing a test later this month.”
He added: “I think I could hit the ground running and ideally I would like to win the championship. I wouldn’t enter if I didn’t think I had a chance.”
Fayers is keen on pursuing new sponsorship opportunities and can be contacted on email: firstname.lastname@example.org