Defender takes Powergen award
Richard Naylor won the EADT/Powergen Player of the Month award, judged on the ratings awarded by the EADT's Derek Davis throughout November.Naylor's mark of nine, man-of-the-match award and goal in the Sheffield United game got him, and Town, off to a good start for the month.
By Derek Davis
Richard Naylor won the EADT/Powergen Player of the Month award, judged on the ratings awarded by the EADT's Derek Davis throughout November.
Naylor's mark of nine, man-of-the-match award and goal in the Sheffield United game got him, and Town, off to a good start for the month.
That was followed by marks of eight against Burnley and Leeds, and another man-of-the-match award against the team from his birthplace. Standards slipped at Sunderland, although Naylor was among the higher-rated group who were handed a seven. It was back to normal with an eight against Brighton, pipped to man-of-the- match by Jason De Vos.
You may also want to watch:
Naylor finished the five games with an average mark of eight. Fabian Wilnis and striker Darren Bent were joint second with 7.6, while De Vos and Drissa Diallo were joint fourth with a 7.4 rating.
Naylor will be officially presented with his award by Powergen and the EADT next Thursday.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused