Digby pleased with display on his full Ipswich Town league debut at Middlesbrough
Paul Digby was pleased with his performance on his full Championship debut at Middlesbrough, on an afternoon where he helped keep out one of the best sides in the league.
The 21-year-old was called into the middle of the Ipswich Town defence alongside Tommy Smith, due to Christophe Berra’s minor knee injury, and generally performed well against a Middlesbrough strikeforce which included £9million forward Jordan Rhodes.
Digby knows there are things he needs to work on, but was pleased with his display on what was his first league start for the Blues.
“He’s (Rhodes) a top player and we’re delighted to keep the clean sheet,” Digby said.
“It was a tough afternoon but we stuck at it, were aggressive from the start and kept a clean sheet and all that matters is that zero next to Middlesbrough.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought I did really well, there are obviously things in my game I want to work on and improve but for my first start I’m delighted with my performance.
“It was a big challenge because his (Rhodes’) movement in and around the box is different class and you have to stay with him and stop him scoring however you can.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
“It was a great test and I was just delighted to be playing.”