Dilemma ahead of Vase quarter-final tie
WROXHAM boss David Batch admits he faces some selection dilemmas ahead of the Yachtsmen's FA Vase quarter-final at Needham Market.Batch's side head to Bloomfields tonight in a Ridgeons League Cup quarter-final dress rehearsal prior to the clubs' Vase date on February 27.
WROXHAM boss David Batch admits he faces some selection dilemmas ahead of the Yachtsmen's FA Vase quarter-final at Needham Market.
Batch's side head to Bloomfields tonight in a Ridgeons League Cup quarter-final dress rehearsal prior to the clubs' Vase date on February 27.
Wroxham then return to Ridgeons Premier Division league action against Mildenhall on Saturday after a six-week break due to their cup heroics on two fronts.
Norfolk's sole survivors in the FA Vase hammered Royston 5-0 at the weekend to clinch a cross-border trip to Needham later this month - but Batch insists the battle to nail down a starting spot for that last eight tie begins now.
“It's not a nice thing to face as a manager because they'll all want to play in these big games,” said Batch. “We left Gav (Lemmon) out at Royston and that was a horrible thing to have to do. Knowing what they were about, knowing what the pitch was likely to be like and knowing their weaknesses I felt it was the right thing to do. It was hard on Gavin but he'll dust himself down, he'll play Tuesday night and he has every chance of being involved in the next round because I haven't picked that team yet.
“I will pick it after the last game we play before the Needham tie and whoever is playing well, whoever I think can make a difference, whoever can carry out what we need to do tactically will play.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home