Dion Sembie Ferris is hailed as an “exciting prospect” at Colchester United
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, has labelled Dion Sembie-Ferris as an “exciting prospect.”
Teenage winger Sembie-Ferris has been unleashed off the substitutes’ bench to good effect, during the U’s run-in and quest to avoid relegation.
He won the penalty which enabled Chris Porter to slot home the winning goal at Fleetwood Town (3-2) last Saturday, and he once again made a big impact when appearing as a 78th minute substitute in Tuesday night’s 1-1 draw against Swindon.
“Dion is an exciting prospect,” enthused Humes.
“He’s a wide player who fits into how we play the game.
You may also want to watch:
“He is gaining in confidence with every game that he comes on.
“We’ve just got to make sure we keep pushing Dion, and giving him the opportunity when it’s right for him,” added Humes.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
The U’s must beat promotion-chasing Preston on Sunday, to stand a chance of escaping relegation, although they are also relying on results elsewhere.