Diss RFC appoint new head coach
AFTER a very challenging season playing at the highest level in the club’s history, Diss RFC have appointed a new head coach, Phil Sharpe, for the upcoming season.
Sharpe started his playing career at Staines RFC and represented Middlesex before his playing career was cut short due to injury.
The new head coach said: “I have been involved in all levels of rugby for 30 years. My approach is very much player-centred and my aim is to provide the players with a tool box of skills that they can use to play an open 15-man game’.
In addition to his duties at Diss, Sharpe is currently the training and development manager for Eastern Counties Coaching Association, the head coach for Eastern Counties Women’s squad and has a remit from the RFU to promote rugby to women in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Diss director of rugby, David Hall, said “I am delighted to have appointed Phil as head coach. I believe he will provide us with a new focus next season, with stable leadership, and a pragmatic approach to winning rugby.”
You may also want to watch:
Diss RFC are currently running a fitness coaching session on Tuesdays and Thursdays, open to all, before pre-season proper starts in early July.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill