Dominant Woodbridge Town hit 10 goals past poor Dereham Town Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Woodbridge Town hit double figures against Dereham Town Reserves, with both George Bowman and Matt Mackenzie getting hat-tricks.
Captain Alex Greggor scored the first goal after four minutes with Ryan Keeble doubling the lead after 21 minutes.
Seven minutes later Bowman found Aaron Churchyard who scored the third, and Bowman grabbed the first of his goals after 32 minutes, making the score 4-0.
Mackenzie joined him on the scoresheet before the half was out, heading in after 39 minutes to make it 5-0.
Eleven minutes passed in the second half before Bowman grabbed his second and Woodbridge’s sixth, and on his full debut 16-year-old Liam Brunning added the seventh.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster also set up Bowman’s hat-trick when he made it 8-0.
Chris Mead then scored Dereham’s solitary goal from close range.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
Mackenzie didn’t leave himself much time to pursue a hat-trick after waiting until the 87th minute to add his second of the game, but in the last minute took his team to double figures and completed the rout.
Substitute Ryan Noy salvaged a point for Framlimgham Town against a lively Needham Market Reserves side which had taken the lead on 48 minutes.
Framlingham had three early chances before McCory hit a volley wide at the other end.
Needham were not allowing Framlingham much possession however both Poacher and Willett had shots saved by Hursey.
The visitors opened the scoring on 48 minutes when Seymour played a ball behind Thorpe for Wharton-Richardson to slot past Rose.
Needham continued their pacy game and Carvall squandered a great chance when through on goal. Rose made an excellent save from the same player.
As Framlingham made substitutes Noy equalised as he hooked the ball back over the keeper on 77 minutes.
Framlingham pushed for the winner and Poacher missed a close range header before Smith shot over.
Mayhew did the same shortly after but Needham held on for a well deserved point in a game they may well have won with the greater percentage of play.