Double success for Framlingham College as Jolyon Summers and Kitty McWhirter are selected to train with England hockey squad
- Credit: Archant
Two talented hockey players from an east Suffolk independent school are celebrating after being selected to represent their country at international levels of competition
Framlingham College students Jolyon Summers and Kitty McWhirter will both train with the England hockey squad after impressing selectors with their recent performances on the field.
Kitty, a year 13 student, was re-selected for the squad after representing England Under-21s last year.
Head of hockey at the college, Jamie Kingstone, said: “I am absolutely delighted for Kitty. Her journey has not been a smooth one and she has overcome setbacks along the way showing her immense character and determination.”
Year nine student Jolyon has been selected to train with the Under-15 squad at Lilleshall, after “leading by example” since he joined the school.
You may also want to watch:
“This is fantastic news and thoroughly well deserved,” Mr Kingstone added. “Jolyon has been extremely committed and diligent to his training both on and off the pitch.
He is showing continual improvement which has resulted in three appearances for the college first team this season already.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed