Douglas on trial at Luton, Stewart joins Lincoln
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town midfielder Jonathan Douglas is on trial with League Two table-toppers Luton Town.
The 35-year-old was released by the Blues in the summer after making 52 starts and 10 substitute appearances during his two years at the club.
Luton are top of the fourth-tier table and scoring goals for fun under boss Nathan Jones – they put eight past Yeovil on the opening day of the season and netted seven against Stevenage recently.
Meanwhile, former Town winger Cameron Stewart has signed for League Two side Lincoln City on short-term contract until January.
The 26-year-old has been a free agent since he was released by Town in the summer of 2016. The former Manchester United and Hull man made just two appearances for the Blues during his two years at Portman Road – both substitute appearances in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-promoted Imps are 10th in the table.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans