Douglas on trial at Luton, Stewart joins Lincoln
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town midfielder Jonathan Douglas is on trial with League Two table-toppers Luton Town.
The 35-year-old was released by the Blues in the summer after making 52 starts and 10 substitute appearances during his two years at the club.
Luton are top of the fourth-tier table and scoring goals for fun under boss Nathan Jones – they put eight past Yeovil on the opening day of the season and netted seven against Stevenage recently.
Meanwhile, former Town winger Cameron Stewart has signed for League Two side Lincoln City on short-term contract until January.
The 26-year-old has been a free agent since he was released by Town in the summer of 2016. The former Manchester United and Hull man made just two appearances for the Blues during his two years at Portman Road – both substitute appearances in the FA Cup.
The newly-promoted Imps are 10th in the table.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire