Drey Wright added to U’s squad
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne will be making changes, for this Saturday’s home game against Oldham, following a frustrating two-week break from competitive action.
Keeper Mark Cousins will regain his place, after loanee John Sullivan returned to his parent club, Charlton, at the end of his one-month loan deal.
Winger Gavin Massey, a substitute at MK Dons, was sent off during that 5-1 defeat, and so will start his three-match suspension this weekend.
But striker Jabo Ibehre is set for a quick return to the starting line-up, having been eligible for the trip to MK Dons – he is on loan from the Milton Keynes club.
Manager Joe Dunne revealed, during this morning’s press conference at Florence Park, that winger Drey Wright will replace Massey in the U’s squad.
You may also want to watch:
Wright, 17, has made four first team appearances so far this term. His last league outing was as a substitute during the 1-0 defeat at Scunthorpe on September 22.
The U’s have lost five of their last six games, and so will be looking to reverse the trend against an Oldham side who are on the up, following three wins in their last four fixtures.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery