Duguid signs for U’s
COLCHESTER United favourite Karl Duguid has resigned for the club today on a one-year deal.
The 33-year-old – who made nearly 400 appearances over a 13 spell at the club – has been training with the Essex club this summer following his release by Plymouth Argyle.
“It was not something that was on our minds – mine or Karl’s – when he came here at the start of pre-season,” said U’s boss John Ward.
“But we’ve had a chat and agreed on a one-year deal for Karl to bolster the squad.
“He has good experience and knows the club pretty well. I like to have good characters at the club as well as good players and I think we’ve got both with Karl signing.”
Duguid – seventh in the club’s all-time league appearance list – returns following a three-year absence. He will take the No.27 shirt – combining the squad numbers he had at Colchester and Plymouth.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 10 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message