Duguid signs for U’s
COLCHESTER United favourite Karl Duguid has resigned for the club today on a one-year deal.
The 33-year-old – who made nearly 400 appearances over a 13 spell at the club – has been training with the Essex club this summer following his release by Plymouth Argyle.
“It was not something that was on our minds – mine or Karl’s – when he came here at the start of pre-season,” said U’s boss John Ward.
“But we’ve had a chat and agreed on a one-year deal for Karl to bolster the squad.
“He has good experience and knows the club pretty well. I like to have good characters at the club as well as good players and I think we’ve got both with Karl signing.”
You may also want to watch:
Duguid – seventh in the club’s all-time league appearance list – returns following a three-year absence. He will take the No.27 shirt – combining the squad numbers he had at Colchester and Plymouth.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first