Dunne wants Garbutt to stay, and so does Garbutt!
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne wants to extend Luke Garbutt’s loan stay from Everton, and the player himself wants to remain at the Community Stadium until the end of the year.
Garbutt marked the final game of his current loan stay with a cracking goal in Saturday’s 3-2 defeat to Sheffield United, in an FA Cup first round tie.
No wonder, then, that Dunne wants the 20-year-old left-back to remain at the League One club, although he is taking nothing for granted.
“I have spoken to Everton, but not heard back from them yet,” revealed Dunne.
“Everton’s chief scout was here today (Saturday), and maybe they feel it is time for him to move on to another level,
You may also want to watch:
“Luke’s a good player, but let’s hope it is with us,” added Dunne.
Garbutt said: “I think discussions are ongoing, with regards me staying at Colchester until January 1.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
“I’m enjoying my football at Colchester, and getting the experience of playing week in, week out.”