Dunne wants more from Eastmond
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, wants more from his talented midfielder, Craig Eastmond.
Ex-Arsenal playmaker Eastmond was ineffective during the U’s dramatic 2-2 draw at Rotherham on Saturday, when West Ham loanee Elliot Lee poached a 95th minute equaliser.
Eastmond has already proved himself to be a class midfielder, during his time with the U’s, but the 22-year-old could not get to grips with the physical battle that unfolded at the New York Stadium.
In fact, Dunne substituted Eastmond just before the hour mark.
“The ball was bypassing Craig (Eastmond) in midfield,” insisted Dunne.
You may also want to watch:
“I will speak to Craig about it.
“He needs to learn that these are the type of games that you are not going to be the player that we want you to be.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
“You have to be something different, and he’s learning that transition. So we will analyse everything.”