Early exit for FA hopefuls
FA TROPHYMaidstone Utd 2 Bury Town 0BURY suffered an early exit from the FA Trophy at Bourne Park in Maidstone.The home team took control from the start with the wind behind them.
Maidstone Utd 2
Bury Town 0
BURY suffered an early exit from the FA Trophy at Bourne Park in Maidstone.
You may also want to watch:
The home team took control from the start with the wind behind them.
Goody in the Bury goal made a great block after a mistake by Bullard and Smith cleared off the line.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
Maidstone took the lead in the 16th minute.
Bury failed to clear a corner from Austin and Stouts was on hand to get the final touch to Royston's goal-bound header.
Maidstone doubled their lead in the 40th minute with an almost identical goal to their opener.
Once again a left-wing corner by Austin was not cleared and this time it was Shearer who nodded in.
Bury had the greater share of possession for the rest of the game, but Town were unable to break down a resolute Maidstone defence.
Shots from Wood, Cunningham and Bugg all flew harmlessly over the bar and though Bury tried hard to reduce the deficit, Maidstone held on to their lead comfortably.