MATCHDAY RECAP: U’s grind out a 0-0 draw against Swindon Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Follow all the action and reaction as we bring you live coverage of Colchester United’s EFL League Two match against Swindon Town at the Weston Homes Community Stadium
Colchester United ended their home campaign with a 0-0 draw against Swindon Town on Saturday.
Sam Walker was on the bench, after being ever-present throughout last season and also ever-present in the league until today.
Walker’s current contract expires at the end of this season, and only last weekend the 26-year-old made his 200th league appearance for the club, away at Lincoln.
Although Walker did not play this afternoon, that does not necessarily mean that he has played his last game for the Essex club.
You may also want to watch:
Manager John McGreal is still waiting for a decision from the ex-Chelsea trainee, with regards a new contract.
Meanwhile, Dillon Barnes marked his Football League debut with a clean-sheet in goal, and there was also a bright League debut from Ryan Gondoh, as a second-half substitute.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
“I am still waiting for a decision from Sam Walker, so there is no point in being hypothetical,” explained McGreal, following today’s goalless stalemate.
“Of course we would love Sam to stay, and we have been talking to him and his representatives.”
• Follow all the action and get the best reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.