Elena Baltacha preparing for Fed Cup
British No.1 Elena Baltacha is looking forward to representing her country in the Federation Cup by BNP Paribas this weekend.
Ipswich-based Baltacha, 28, is in Bor�s, Sweden, ahead of the tie between the AEGON GB Fed Cup Team and Sweden on Saturday and Sunday.
“It’s always amazing to be a part of the Fed Cup and representing my country, it’s a real honour and real privilege, and the atmosphere [in the GB camp] has been absolutely fantastic,” said Baltacha, who is also hoping to make the Olympics.
Hopefully, we’ll play well and we give it everything we have and we can go through.”
The between Sweden & GB is a World Group II Promotion Play-off and will see two singles matches on the first day before the singles are reversed on day two and the tie is completed with a doubles rubber.
You may also want to watch:
The other members of the British team are Anne Keothavong, Heather Watson and Laura Robson, and they are captained by Judy Murray.
In February the British team beat Portugal, Netherlands, Israel & Austria in four matches in four days to move out of Euro/Africa Zone Group I for the first time since 1993.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found