Elito sent back from Cheltenham
COLCHESTER United winger Medy Elito has seen his loan spell at Cheltenham Town unexpectedly cut short.
The 20-year-old had been due to feature for the Robins’ League Two match at Bury at the weekend but was withdrawn from their squad prior to the match.
And following his side’s 1-0 defeat at Tranmere on Saturday, U’s boss John Ward confirmed that Elito was set to return to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Elito, having been on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge earlier in the season, joined Cheltenham last month and was due to stay there until the end of the season.
It is believed the issue is that Elito recently became a father, with his partner and baby based 100 miles away in London.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Gloucestershire Echo earlier this month, he said: “My missus and baby are back in London and there are times when you miss them and you want to go back.
“But football is my career, I am here to do a job and I have got to do it.”
- 1 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
Cheltenham manager Mark Yates said this morning: “Medy didn’t travel with the squad on Saturday and he won’t be featuring at Torquay (tomorrow night).
“I’ve spoken at length with John and he’s been brilliant about it. It just hasn’t worked.
“It hasn’t worked for both parties and there are no bad feelings on our part.”