Elliot Lee set for third loan spell at Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Elliot Lee is reported to be set to sign on loan to Colchester United, for a third time.
Front-runner Lee has already had two loan stints at the Essex club, while on the books of West Ham, and now the 22-year-old is poised to rejoin the U’s for a third time, from Barnsley.
Lee has struggled to make an impact with the Tykes in the Championship, and so instead will look to strengthen the U’s promotion bid from League Two.
Durham-born Lee played four league games for the U’s during his first loan spell from October, 2013, but had a much more productive time on his return last season, scoring a couple of goals in 15 league appearances from January, 2016.
Lee has only made three appearances for Barnsley in the Championship, all of them as a substitute, since his summer move from West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
U’s manager John McGreal has already said that he would like to sign a striker, during the January transfer window, and Lee seems to fit the bill.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'