Ellis puts Witches first as Ipswich look to get all three Premier League points against Ben Barker’s Plymouth Devils. Taylor Poole is back at Foxhall too
Adam Ellis has put the Witches first as Ipswich entertain Plymouth Devils at Foxhall Stadium tonight.
Ellis, 17, is contracted to ride for Lakeside in the Elite League before the Suffolk side and, with the Hammers in action at King’s Lynn tonight, it’s where he should be.
But a pre-season agreement between Ipswich and Lakeside over tonight’s date, means Ellis is at Foxhall – although he was still asked by the Lakeside management if that is what he wished to do.
“I was always supposed to be doing this meeting for Ipswich, but Lakeside still asked if I wanted to ride for them,” the teenager said.
“But I said I wanted to ride for Ipswich as I have already missed quite a few meetings for them. Lakeside were fine with that.”
Ellis rides at reserve with Cameron Heeps tonight and hopes to help the Witches to all three points against a Devils side who were left battered and bruised after a tough encounter with Newcastle on Sunday.
Ben Barker, Rasmus Jensen and Kyle Newman were all injured, although Barker will ride tonight, Jensen is out, while Newman is riding for Poole at Swindon, Taylor Poole takes his place. Adam Roynon returns for the Devils after recovering from an exploded vertebrae in his back.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
Doctors decided not to operate on Roynon’s injury, sustained six weeks ago, because of a possible risk to his health. It has effectively been left to heal itself.
Ipswich No.1 Richie Worrall is replaced by Edinburgh’s Sam Masters – the Witches star out with broken toes.
After tonight’s meeting there will be six heats of youth action.
It’s being organised by GB coaches Neil Vatcher and Phil Morris and will feature some of the next generation of young British youngsters on both 125cc and 250cc machines.
On Friday night Morten Risager and Rohan Tungate will represent Ipswich in the Premier League Pairs at Somerset – a meeting being shown live on TV.
Ipswich: S Masters, R Hawkins, M Risager, G Manzares, R Tungate, C Heeps, A Ellis.
Plymouth: B Barker, rider replacement for Rasmus Jensen, T Poole, A Roynon, J Franc, R Benko, S Simota.
Mike’s prediction: Witches 59 Devils 31