Empty physio room pleases John Ward
NO ONE is shirking the challenge currently faced at Colchester United.
U’s boss John Ward has declared another clean bill of health among his squad, which he sees as a good sign ahead of Saturday’s visit to fellow strugglers Scunthorpe United.
Ward revealed: “Everyone is fit and well.
“We all want to get out there and put it right, and that attitude will see us through.
“That’s always a good sign for me, that people want to get their boots on in and around a team that is not winning.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been at other clubs where you are losing, and the busiest place is in the physio’s room, with players saying – ‘I’ll stay out of this until it’s turned around.’
“But I’ve got people who want to get out there and turn it around, not wait until it happens,” added Ward.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
The U’s are still searching for their first victory, after eight league and cup games.