Empty physio room pleases John Ward
NO ONE is shirking the challenge currently faced at Colchester United.
U’s boss John Ward has declared another clean bill of health among his squad, which he sees as a good sign ahead of Saturday’s visit to fellow strugglers Scunthorpe United.
Ward revealed: “Everyone is fit and well.
“We all want to get out there and put it right, and that attitude will see us through.
“That’s always a good sign for me, that people want to get their boots on in and around a team that is not winning.
“I’ve been at other clubs where you are losing, and the busiest place is in the physio’s room, with players saying – ‘I’ll stay out of this until it’s turned around.’
“But I’ve got people who want to get out there and turn it around, not wait until it happens,” added Ward.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
The U’s are still searching for their first victory, after eight league and cup games.