Essex duo selected for England trip to Australia
ESSEX duo Ben Foakes and Reece Topley have been included in a 15-man England Under-19 squad for their forthcoming tour of Australia where they will take on the host country, India and New Zealand in a quadrangular One-Day Series.
Kent all-rounder Adam Ball has been named as captain and the tour party features 13 members of the squad which recently completed a seven-match One-Day series in Bangladesh.
Essex fast bowler Topley and Leicestershire batsman Shiv Thakor who missed the Bangladesh tour both return to the squad which is due to arrive in Australia in early April following a pre-tournament training camp at the National Cricket Performance Centre at Loughborough.
England development programme head coach Tim Boon said: “This tournament will be a fantastic opportunity for all the players to gain experience of Australian conditions and test themselves against quality opposition ahead of the ICC’s Under 19 World Cup – which will also be held in Australia later this summer.”
The England party arrive in Australia on April 2 for the tournament which will be staged in Townsville in Queensland.
You may also want to watch:
England face Australia on Thursday, April 5, New Zealand on Saturday, April 7 and India on Monday, April 9. The semi-finals will take place on Friday, April 13 and the final on Sunday, April 15.
England U19 Squad: Adam Ball (Kent, capt), Mo Abid (Lancashire), Shozair Ali (Warwickshire), Daniel Bell-Drummond (Kent), Ben Foakes (Essex), Brett Hutton (Nottinghamshire), Aneesh Kapil (Worcestershire), Sam Kelsall (Nottinghamshire), Jack Leaning (Yorkshire), Craig Overton (Somerset), Jamie Overton (Somerset), Rammy Singh (Durham), Shiv Thakor (Leicestershire), Reece Topley (Essex), Sam Wood (Nottinghamshire).
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening