Essex Pc admits spying in toilet
A CONSTABLE has resigned after admitting that he spied on women colleagues in a police station toilet.Pc David Smith, 47, left Essex Police after pleading guilty to voyeurism.
A CONSTABLE has resigned after admitting that he spied on women colleagues in a police station toilet.
Pc David Smith, 47, left Essex Police after pleading guilty to voyeurism.
Smith, who received a long service medal two years ago to mark 22 years with the police, will be sentenced later and could be jailed.
Smith admitted “adapting part of the structure” at a police station to “observe another person doing a private act” for his sexual gratification in March and April, Chelmsford Crown Court was told.
You may also want to watch:
He also pleaded guilty to observing someone doing a private act.
Prosecutors said Smith, of Royston, Herts, was arrested after a peephole was found in a wall connecting men's and women's toilets.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
An Essex Police spokesman said Smith had resigned.