Essex Pc admits spying in toilet
A CONSTABLE has resigned after admitting that he spied on women colleagues in a police station toilet.Pc David Smith, 47, left Essex Police after pleading guilty to voyeurism.
A CONSTABLE has resigned after admitting that he spied on women colleagues in a police station toilet.
Pc David Smith, 47, left Essex Police after pleading guilty to voyeurism.
Smith, who received a long service medal two years ago to mark 22 years with the police, will be sentenced later and could be jailed.
Smith admitted “adapting part of the structure” at a police station to “observe another person doing a private act” for his sexual gratification in March and April, Chelmsford Crown Court was told.
He also pleaded guilty to observing someone doing a private act.
Prosecutors said Smith, of Royston, Herts, was arrested after a peephole was found in a wall connecting men's and women's toilets.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 8 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 9 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 10 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
An Essex Police spokesman said Smith had resigned.