Essex side follow Ipswich success
BRAINTREE Rugby Club have become the first side in Essex to receive the Whole Club Seal of Approval from the RFU.
Club chairman Barrie Winwood and his wife, Corrine, who is chairman of the youth and mini section, received the award at Twickenham during half time of England’s defeat by South Africa.
Barrie said: “We were honoured to be able to accept the accreditation on behalf of our club. A lot of hard work went into achieving this and the fact that we are the first club in Essex to receive the award speaks volumes about the commitment of all our volunteers at the club.
“The accreditation shows all those with an interest in rugby and sports development that Braintree RFC is providing its members with a safe, well organised and enjoyable environment in which to learn and play rugby.”
The award is another coup for rugby in the region after Ipswich YMCA received the prestigious whole seal of approval just a few weeks previous.
You may also want to watch:
And the pair could soon be joined by a number of other local clubs who are believed to be working towards the award which builds on the established procedures of mini and youth Seal of Approval.
Designed to ensure the long term sustainability of clubs, the award recognises the effort and achievement of volunteers in reaching the required standard of a club committed to the development of rugby union.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed