Essex sign Australian bowler Matt Dixon
- Credit: citizenside.com
Essex have completed their winter transfer business after signing Australian fast bowler Matt Dixon on a two year deal.
Dixon, 23, holds a British passport, and will be available across all three formats, subject to ECB Registration approval.
Dixon has played for the Australia U17s & U19s in his short career to date.
As a right arm fast bowler, Dixon will add extra depth to a bowling attack that has also seen the arrival of Matt Quinn, Ashar Zaidi, Adam Milne and Wahab Riaz, with the latter two available for the NatWest T20 Blast only.
Dixon played in the Perth Scorchers’ final group match of the Big Bash League, taking 3/32, including the wickets of Luke Wright & Kevin Pietersen.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Chris Silverwood is pleased that Dixon is joining the squad: “Matt is a talented young man who bowls at a really good pace. He adds depth to our squad, as you need a number of seamers in a squad to be able to compete on all three fronts, as we plan to,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to welcoming him into the squad.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash