Essex sign Pakistani fast bowler Wahab Riaz for their T20 campaign
- Credit: Nick Wood/Action Plus
Essex Eagles have completed the signing of Pakistani fast bowler Wahab Riaz for the opening stages of the club’s Natwest T20 Blast campaign.
Left-armer Riaz will play the first seven matches for the Eagles before being replaced by Adam Milne.
A limited overs specialist who has also played 15 test matches for his country, Riaz regularly reaches speeds of 90 mph and has 117 Twenty20 wickets to his name, having previously enjoyed spells with Kent and Surrey.
“We are pleased to have Wahab joining the squad for the first half of the NatWest T20 Blast season,” head coach Chris Silverwood said.
“He will add a different dimension to our bowling attack, being a left armer and bowling with real pace.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking at this competition with confidence. We need to improve our performance from the past few seasons, and drive our Limited Overs cricket forward. Wahab’s signing helps us with this.”
Tickets for the club’s Blast campaign are on general sale from Monday, February 22.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site