Essex sign Siddle
ESSEX have signed Australian bowler Peter Siddle for their 2012 Friends Life t20 campaign.
Siddle, who is 27, has been signed subject to clearance from Cricket Australia.
He will join up with the squad for the opening game of the competition which takes place on Wednesday, June 13 against Surrey Lions at the Kia Oval.
Siddle becomes Essex’s second overseas signing of the season, after Alviro Petersen signed for the first opening months of the campaign.
Paul Grayson, the Essex head coach, said: “We are delighted to have signed Australia’s premier bowler in Test cricket. Australia are looking to keep him fresh for their schedule and for Peter, this will be a chance for him to enhance his one-day skills.
You may also want to watch:
“With Tim Southee not coming back, it leaves us light in our bowling line-up so it will be good to bring him alongside Graham Napier.
“We are all very excited to be bringing in a world-class bowler for our FL t20 campaign.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired