Essex to host t20 finals day
THE Ford County Ground in Chelmsford, home of Essex Cricket, will host the 011 Barbados Cockspur Club t20 Finals Day on Monday.
Ealing CC of Middlesex will take on 2008 Finalists St Just CC of Cornwall whilst Cheshire club Hyde CC will face Durham’s Chester-le-Street CC, with Sky Sports further demonstrating their commitment to recreational cricket by broadcasting both semi-finals live along with the floodlit final in a format that mirrors the Friends Life t20 Finals Day. The final is due to start at 7.10pm.
Gates open from 11am for the start time of 12.35pm, entry is free to all. The Pavilion Bar will be open for all, discounted drink prices will be available for members on production of their 2011 Essex Cricket Membership card. Spinners bar will also be open.
Parking is not available at The Ford County Ground or Meteor Way on Monday.
The qualifiers for the 2011 Barbados Cockspur Club t20 Finals Day were decided after the regional finals took place over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
You may also want to watch:
More than 750 clubs from 32 ECB Premier and Feeder Leagues began the competition with one prize in mind; an all-inclusive pre-season trip to Barbados courtesy of the Barbados Tourism Authority, who continue the Caribbean connection with this competition started by Cockspur Rum.
ECB Managing Director of Cricket Partnerships Mike Gatting said: “The Barbados Cockspur Club t20 is one of the highlights of non-First Class cricket calendar and most certainly will be for this years finalists.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
“It’s great to see four clubs from the corners of the country competing for the trophy and the exciting prospect of a trip to Barbados.
“I hope all the teams enjoy the occasion of playing in front of the cameras and we look forward to three exciting games of cricket at The Ford County Ground on Monday.”
Barbados Tourist Authority’s VP Sales & Marketing Petra Roach said: “Congratulations to the four clubs for reaching the Barbados Cockspur Club t20 Finals Day. We wish you the very best of luck and look forward to welcoming the winning club to Barbados next year.”
Spectators will benefit from free admission to the ground where traditional Bajan cuisine and Cockspur Rum punches will be available.