‘We have sent out a message to other teams’ – Norris
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United’s two-goal star, Luke Norris, believes that the U’s have sent out a strong message to other teams in League Two, following Saturday’s 3-1 away win at managerless Cheltenham Town.
Norris marked his first league start for the U’s, since his summer switch from Swindon Town, by netting twice in the first half-hour, slotting home a 12th minute penalty before doubling the U’s lead with a wonderful free-kick on 26 minutes.
“I think we have sent out a message to other teams in this league, on this performance,” insisted Norris.
“I’m happy at the moment, even though it’s been a slow start to the season for me.
“I had surgery over the summer, and at the back of my mind I was thinking – ‘is this going to be one of those sort of seasons for me?’
You may also want to watch:
“But we are a very tight-knit group. There are no moaners and we are pulling together,” added front-runner Norris.
“The defence really did it’s job,” enthused striker Norris.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
The 25-year-old has already scored four goals for his new club, after bagging the fifth in the U’s 6-0 home win over Crewe, and also scoring at Cheltenham in the EFL Cup less than three weeks ago.