Ex-Us keeper bound for Scotland
FORMER Colchester United keeper Ben Williams is poised to sign for Hibernian.
Williams, who rejected the offer of a new contract to stay with the U’s earlier this month, looks set to move north of the border to join the Edinburgh club in the next few days.
Ex-Manchester United trainee Williams impressed during his three years at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, following his switch from Carlisle.
But he was keen for a new challenge, and playing for Hibs as their new No. 1 in the Scottish Premier Division would satisfy that appetite.
Williams had been linked with several Championship clubs, including Ipswich Town, who remain on the look-our for a new keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Williams is set to follow in the footsteps of fellow keeper Simon Brown, who played 140 league games for Colchester before moving to Hibernian for three seasons from 2004.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery