Experienced lady golfers added to Suffolk squad for England county finals to be held at Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Two of Suffolk’s most experienced lady golfers, sisters Amanda Norman and Jo Woodward, have been added to the Suffolk squad for the England county finals at Felixstowe Ferry which start on September 18.
Jo (then Hockley) was an England international and a power in English ladies’ golf in the ‘90s. She has been England Amateur champion and British stroke play champion.
Amanda has been a regular county player for Suffolk until she opted out for family reasons a couple of years ago.
Both players have been members at Felixstowe throughout their careers.
They still represent the club in Suffolk’s Haskell Cup and are in the final this year having defeated Stowmarket’s Liz Laflin and Yvonne Hollis 7 and 5 in their 36-hole semi-final. They will meet Ipswich (Sharon Luckman and Abbie Symonds) who beat Bungay’s Lils James and Sam Cooper 3 and 2 in the other semi-final.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk captain Vanessa Bell said: “We have been struck by a number of injuries but seem to be coming out on the other side just in time. Both Amanda and Jo are members of the Championship committee and have been invited to be part of the team. As former county players with home course advantage they back up the team with experienced strength.”
The Suffolk squad is: Vanessa Bell (captain), Sharon Luckman (vice-captain), Fiona Edmond, Abbie Symonds, Vicki Inglis, Lottie Whyman (all Ipswich), Amanda Norman, Jo Woodward (both Felixstowe Ferry), Lils James (Bungay), Alice Barlow (Hintlesham).
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
The Felixstowe Ferry club has appointed an organising committee chaired by Jo Woodward. Other members are Amanda Norman, Alison Kemp, David Spencer (general manager), Sheila Jarvis, Ann Spencer, Trevor Mason, Bryan Haworth, Pam Evans and Di Hegarty.