The big guns, old rivals and non-leaguers Ipswich Town (or Coventry) could meet in FA Cup third round draw
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are in the hat for this evening’s FA Cup third round draw.
But in order to get there and secure their true place in round three they must first get past Coventry City, following the two sides' 1-1 draw at St Andrew's yesterday.
It looked as though the Blues were going to move through to round three, after Will Keane had struck early in the second half as he converted Alan Judge's cross.
But, after a period of pressure, the hosts were level when Callum O'Hare's square run across the box ended with the midfielder driving the ball home past Will Norris.
It means the Blues face another replay - yet to be confirmed but likely to be played on Tuesday, December 10.
You may also want to watch:
Both Ipswich and Coventry will enter tonight's draw, being made at 7pm.
Round three is the point Premier League and Championship sides enter the competition, opening up the possibility of visits to the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield and Tottenham's new stadium at White Hart Lane.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
It could also mean a cup meeting with old rivals Norwich, a former Championship sparring partner or one of the five non-league sides left in the competition.
Ipswich or Coventry are ball No.48.
Town's No.48, Keane, was asked yesterday if he would be watching the draw: "Yeah, definitely," he said.
"If you get a big team it maybe puts a bit more of an edge on the game.
"I'd take Manchester United away (former club) but I wouldn't mind Everton away actually (where he would face brother Michael), that would be good fun.
"The manager would maybe like to get a big team as well because it would be a good test for us to maybe see where we're up to and it would also be a good trip out for the fans.
"We have to get through this tie first, though."
FA Cup Third Round draw numbers
1 AFC Bournemouth
3 Aston Villa
5 Birmingham City
6 Blackburn Rovers
8 Brighton & Hove Albion
9 Bristol City
11 Cardiff City
12 Charlton Athletic
14 Crystal Palace
15 Derby County
18 Huddersfield Town
19 Hull City
20 Leeds United
21 Leicester City
23 Luton Town
24 Manchester City
25 Manchester United
28 Newcastle United
29 Norwich City
30 Nottingham Forest
31 Preston North End
32 Queens Park Rangers
34 Sheffield United
35 Sheffield Wednesday
37 Stoke City
38 Swansea City
39 Tottenham Hotspur
41 West Bromwich Albion
42 West Ham United
43 Wigan Athletic
44 Wolverhampton Wanderers
47 Shrewsbury Town
48 Coventry City or Ipswich Town
49 AFC Fylde
50 Tranmere Rovers
51 Oxford United
52 Exeter City or Hartlepool United
53 Eastleigh or Crewe Alexandra
54 Forest Green Rovers or Carlisle United
55 Solihull Moors or Rotherham United
57 Rochdale or Boston United
58 Peterborough United
59 Burton Albion
60 Newport County
61 Fleetwood Town
62 Port Vale
63 Northampton Town
64 Bristol Rovers or Plymouth Argyle